Burleigh Court’s response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Dear friends of Burleigh Court,
People have been coming to Burleigh Court for years to relax and recuperate in our peaceful, restorative environment. So it comes naturally to us to respond with added attention and care to the situation evolving around us.
As you may have heard, the latest government recommendation is to avoid restaurants and bars. However, as a ban on venues has not been put in place, Burleigh Court will remain open and welcoming guests. We’re operating under strict health and hygiene guidelines for your safety.
The health and safety of our guests and our team are our top priority and we want to reassure you of the diligence in our approach to keep you safe.
Following government guidelines, we are implementing additional, robust measures:
- Guest Rooms: We use deep cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items, e.g. door handles and phones.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of our public spaces. These include especially the front desk and bar area, door handles, public bathrooms, menu holders and room keys. Our restaurant seating has been spaced out to ensure guests are not sitting in immediate vicinity to each other.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our staff work behind the scenes, we have increased the frequency of deep-cleaning with focus on high-touch areas like entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent hand-washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are acutely aware that cleanliness starts with this simple act and instructed to wash their hands regularly during the day so please do the same during your stay. Hand sanitisers are located near reception.
- Training & Best Practice In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- If you are not feeling great we ask you to postpone your visit with us until you’re feeling better. If you cannot travel we will help by trying to re-sell your room or let you re-book at a later stage. This applies if you have booked a non-refundable rate or your cancellation falls within the non-refundable time period close to your arrival date.
This is a strenuous time for everyone with the situation still evolving even as we write. However, I am glad to say that Gloucestershire is one of the least affected regions in the UK at present and there have been no reported cases of the virus amongst our guests and staff. As you know we’re hidden away in a spacious rural place with plenty of garden and clean, fresh air.
So, until further notice or circumstances disallow, do continue to come and visit and enjoy our locally sourced food.
We wish you all the very best and hope to see you again soon.
James & Corinna Rae
Owners – Burleigh Court Hotel